Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Aceing out the Competition

I truly believe that to be successful in the recruiting world you must have a strong passion to do the things no one will do. Like work from 8am-8pm, call into companies and find people who are not happy with their current position, and put in time on the weekends. That is what I do and have done since I started agency recruiting and in my first year I was the #1 recruiter for the entire company. Since then I have been either #1 or #2.

You must also have a burning desire to want to fill your client's (Company & Candidate) needs. Meaning a couple of things.

1. You must be able to sleep at night once you place a candidate at a client's site, meaning client is a solid place to work.

2. You must give you clients solid candidates and not only can do the job, but who actually want to work in the client's environment.

Because of my success at my current company I have been tasked with mentoring people and what I find is that other recruiters don't like my advise. They want a magic statement that will give them instant results, well there is no magic statement, line or pill. Bottom line is, if you want to beat me then you have better out work me, and that will never happen.

My first post. Diesal

No comments: